WHAT IS OUTWOD?
OUTWOD is The OUT Foundation’s largest international initiative for bringing together LGBTQ+ athletes and allies to sweat for a cause in a safe, inclusive CrossFit training environment.
Our pride is in the diversity we represent within the sport of fitness and openly invite anyone to join our welcoming community. We strive to create an inclusive community of all walks of life and inspire you to feel good about yourself, your workouts and your life.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Check out the calendar for an OUTWOD near you and reserve your spot early.
- Check your email for a link to create your personal fundraising page! OUTWOD is good, sweaty fun – but it is also the largest fundraising program for The OUT Foundation! Every dollar counts!
- Share your page with your network, check to see if your employer has a donation match here, and invite your friends!
- Arrive 15 minutes early. If you’re early – you’re on time. If you’re on time – you’re late. Don’t miss out on all the fun!
- Wear your workout gear! Want some OUTWOD gear? Visit our shop.
- Expect to meet a TON of people and learn more about your community and our charitable partners.
- Buy or bring water. You must hydrate. For real. Trust us on this one.
- Strong selfie game required. You’ll feel like a celebrity! All of our events are shot professionally by photographers. Steal the spotlight! Be sure to follow us on Instagram @outwod.
- Network and get to know your new best friends. OUTWODs are typically followed by a social event either on site or at a nearby watering hole. Check your event details for all information.
- Share your fundraising page one final time and tell your friends just how much fun you had sweating for a cause!
The OUT Foundation works closely with the host gym to develop one heck of a WOD (Workout of the Day).
OUTWOD is open to all levels of athlete from novice to professional. We guarantee an intense interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, and effective workout.
All classes take place in a high-energy and encouraging environment with motivating music and inspiring instructors.
Don’t worry! We welcome beginners and have a lot of them. We look after all of our first-timers in every class.
You can set your own intensity level and choose the heaviness of your weights (if weights are involved). The most important thing is to just have FUN!
With our encouraging community and instructors, you’ll be guided safely and within your limits.
In fact, we guarantee you’ll have so much fun (and maybe sweat so much) you’ll keep coming back for more. Oh yeah, and you’ll be making great friends along the way!
FIND AN OUTWOD NEAR YOU